Rocket Software, Inc. Technical Support Engineer II, ROCKET DATA in Austin, Texas
Technical Support Engineer II, ROCKET DATA
Rocket Software is a leading global developer of software products that help corporations, government agencies and other organizations reach their technology and business goals. 1,400 Rocketeers on five continents are focused on building and delivering solutions for more than 15,000 customers and partners – and five million end users. Now entering its 27th year, Rocket Software is a vibrant and growing company. Rocket Software is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Support Engineer for our Data Virtualization Product customers.
Location: Manheim, Germany
Timing: This is an immediate opening
Description: The Technical Support Engineer (TSE) will be part of a team of support engineers as part of a fast-paced support organization with the primary mission to provide world class support to Rocket’s customers and partners. The TSE will assist Rocket customers with questions and problems regarding the installation, setup, configuration and functionality of Rocket Software products. This person will troubleshoot reported symptoms to aid in the resolution process either directly for the customer or to help guide the development team in providing permanent solutions. The TSE will work as part of a team with minimal direction.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Able to assess customer needs and set expectations
- Verify accuracy of business impact statement as provided by the customer
- Perform with limited direction, problem verification by confirming a customer’s environment, error messages, and symptoms of a problem.
- Able to troubleshoot common problems.
- Use testing tools for troubleshooting
- Researching moderate to complex cases using knowledge bases, documentation, etc.
- Gather information to develop reproducible cases
- Preparing, recommending, and guiding the customer through implementing solutions.
- Write collateral at an appropriate level
- Mastery of creating case tracking details for use by team members for similar/future problem resolution
- Assist other TSEs at various levels
- Accountable for team and individual results
- Participate in internal projects and other work as directed
- Self-directed learning to expand expertise of Rocket Software products
- Contributes to training content, as necessary
- Available for some after hours, weekend, and holiday work
- BS degree in Computer Science/Information Technology.
- Strong experience with DB2 for z/OS.
- 1+ year experience working with 1 or more z/OS Database or application development platforms, such as CICS, IMS, ADABAS, IDMS or VSAM.
- Experience with JCL
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills, specifically dealing with IBM z/OS
- Strong customer service skills.
- ISPF and SMP/E.
- Web Services standards (SOAP, WSDL, WS-*), REST, Applications Servers (WebSphere, Oracle), HTTP, SSL, HTTP/S, TCP protocols.
- DB2 utilities and DB2 stored procedures.
- DB2 LUW.
- Visual Studio .NET.
- z/OS Cobol or Natural.
- Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle
- RACF, ACF2 or Top Secret.
- Operating systems: IBM z/OS, Windows, Red Hat Linux, Sun Solaris.
- Knowledge/experience with the following is a plus: Rocket Data Virtualization, Rocket Data (Shadow) z/Direct, z/Services or z/Events (Streams).
We offer an ethical, intellectually challenging, business casual office environment with competitive compensation, benefits and a 401(k) employer-matching plan. Rocket Software Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Austin, Texas, United States