ExxonMobil Environmental Air Advisor in Beaumont, Texas
The Environmental Air Advisor will work within the Environmental Department, Safety, Security, Health & Environment Division in Beaumont, Texas. The Environmental Air Advisor supports operations sites with analysis of air regulations, applicability determinations, maintaining existing regulatory compliance systems and air permit consultation. The Air Advisor may review physical and operational changes, including air permit requirements. Responsible for driving SSHE Functional Excellence by communicating values, displaying behaviors, and reinforcing standards consistent with company safety and operational guidelines. The position will keep up-to-date with regulations and support ExxonMobil Advocacy staff to help drive reasonable rulemaking and interpretations.
Primary Job Functions
• Provide compliance support to the manufacturing sites including analysis of air regulations, applicability determinations and air permit consultation.
• Review physical and operational changes using systematic methods or Best Practices to ensure compliance with air regulations, including air permit requirements.
• Develop Environmental Business Plans to drive continued improvement in environmental performance by addressing significant environmental aspects and in conjunction with other business drivers.
• Develop Compliance Plans to ensure compliance with new or revised regulations and permits. Develop improved systems to drive both compliance and efficiencies.
• Support ExxonMobil Advocacy staff on regulatory issues to help drive reasonable rulemaking and regulatory interpretations.
• Performs periodic field walks, informal audits, and field verifications to validate current performance of assigned units.
• Participate in internal and external safety and environmental assessments
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental or Science or equivalent work experience
• Proven ability to take initiative, manage / prioritize deadlines and achieve results
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Experience working with environmental air issues
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team setting
• Demonstrated leadership skills
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.