Stewart & Stevenson LLC ASSEMBLER-MECHANICAL II -US in Dallas, Texas
Position Description: We are Stewart & Stevenson. Our unique line-up of products and services means that you’ll get exposure to a broad range of industries including oil & gas, power generation, construction, transportation, marine, mining and agriculture. With more than 1300 employees in 64 locations in the U.S. and abroad, our small, customer-focused teams share a common commitment to the quality and value of service.
Responsible for performing standard assembly procedures, reworks, and repairs on manufactured equipment and products.
- Assemble standard equipment and products under general supervision and in accordance with standard operating procedures.
- Read, interpret and follow blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bill of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards.
- Confer with supervisor regarding quality or procedure problems.
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified.
- Perform all necessary documentation in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes.
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures.
- Provide assistance to more senior level Assembly Mechanics on larger jobs.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) and three to seven years related experience
- Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one's conduct.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Ability to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea.
- Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Computer Skills Basic computer navigation and utilization skills preferred.
Certificates & Licenses N/A
Prior experience in an assembly environment is required. Basic knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical assembly is required.
Additional Qualifications Preferred:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Job ID: 5744
Functional Area: Manufacturing
Position Type: Regular
Location: Dallas, TX
Department: 004110 - DALLAS FABRICATION
Education Required: See Job Description
Experience Required: See Job Description