Pilot Thomas Logistics Helpdesk Technician (Fort Worth, TX) in Fort Worth, Texas
Provide technical assistance to computer users. Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically. May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide end user support and customer service. Be present and visible in the department and available to users requiring technical assistance
- First level support for commonly used software, hardware, and in house applications. Determine source of computer problems (hardware, software, user access, etc.) and resolve them expeditiously prior to escalating
- When unable to resolve issues, serve as liaison between staff and the technology department to resolve issues
- Follow standard documented Help Desk operating procedures and update procedures when directed by team; accurately log all Help Desk communications using the Helpdesk Software. Escalate issues as necessary to appropriate escalation points
- Responsible for add/move/change requests for the network system, E-mail, voice mail, and known equipment problems
- Provide technology familiarization to corporate staff
- Provides and initiates support for corporate telephones. This is to include company provided cell phones and desk phones
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with high stress situations
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
Typical Minimum Education & Experience
- HS Degree or GED required
- Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related computer field preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in computer support and service required
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Must have knowledge of electronic circuit boards, processors, chips, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming
- Must understand the principles and processes for providing customer services
- Knowledge of instructional methods is helpful but not required
- Must be able to determine what is causing operating problems and decide how to solve them using active listening and critical thinking skills
- Must have the ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing, and use deductive and mathematical reasoning to detect, diagnose, and solve computer and system related problems
- Extended schedule may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Corporate role.
Job Start/End Date: 16-Apr-2018 to 15-Jun-2018 (EST)
Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA
Employment Type: Full Time
Pay Type: Hourly