Ingersoll Rand Trane - Controls Technician II - DFW Area in FORT WORTH, Texas
At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—including Club Car® , Ingersoll Rand® , Thermo King® , Trane® , American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visit www.ingersollrand.com .
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Why Trane Is The Best Company for Controls Technicians:
- Trane is recognized worldwide as the brand standard for HVAC and Building Controls Systems
- Highly competitive and comprehensive total compensation program including total cash compensation, benefits, holiday and vacation
- Dedicated to a military friendly environment (Veterans are highly encouraged to apply)
- Unlimited opportunities for career development and promotions
- Determined focus to be the employer of choice in our industry (we want to be the company where everyone wants to work)
- World Class continuing education, featuring Manufacturer (OEM) Level Training
- Company-wide commitment to promoting a strong work/life balance
- Organizational encouragement of community involvement and sustainability (green initiatives)
- Late model, clean, and dependable company vehicle, high speed laptop, and smart phone
In this position you will be installing (commissioning), troubleshooting, repairing, and programming environmental control systems. In order to perform your task you will utilize your knowledge of electronics (board level troubleshooting), direct digital controls, airflow, hydronics, refrigeration theory, and building control techniques.
- Responsible for end to end testing, programming, starting up, commissioning, and servicing on assigned projects.
- Set up the graphical interface and network connections for the controls.
- Represents the company by serving as the direct customer contact and is responsible for servicing products and equipment on assigned projects, ensuring customer satisfaction by identifying, analyzing, diagnosing and repairing equipment and systems at customer’s location.
- Coordinates with team leader and customer to precisely understand requirements for all on-site installation and repairs by extensively examining building layouts, forecasting issues, gathering materials and synchronizing on-site work.
- Keeps current on Trane products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of direct digital control systems.
- Continually enforces safety to the highest standards and maintains security and accountability of company issued and procured assets by recording use, wear and conditions.
- Displays team effort and dedication to customer by maintaining flexibility to work overtime and weeks as the business requires, including occasional overnight stays.
This position will support a dedicated customer in the South Lake area.
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in HVAC/Controls or equivalent combination of education (Technical School) and experience is preferred.
- Operating knowledge of Microsoft office software and working proficiency with hand held computer (i.e. Smartphone, iPad).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major or frequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
- DUI in the previous 5 years
- Hit & Run, License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple
smaller infractions or preventable collisions in the previous 3 years
- EPA Certification Preferred (e.g. HVAC Journeyman, Boiler Operator, Gas Installer etc).
- This position requires working in diverse conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms with exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and risk of electrical shock (high voltage).
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, stooping, and kneeling. It requires employees to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs, frequently lift and or move up to 40 lbs and occasionally lift and or move more than 40 lbs.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: FORT WORTH-Texas
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Mar 9, 2018, 11:15:13 AM