HARRIS COUNTY A/C Technician in Houston, Texas
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of building equipment and machinery as required to maintain functioning building(s) or facilities.
Performs the duties below; other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Performs general repairs and maintains equipment and machinery by troubleshooting and diagnosing special service problems in accordance with instructions, blueprints, manuals, and all building codes.
- Estimates cost factors for labor and material and determines requirements and plan for fabricating, installing, testing, start-up, and servicing HVAC equipment.
- Assists and trains less experienced co-workers and performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to drive personal or county vehicle to various work sites.
Will be required to be on-call after hours. Requirements
High school diploma, G.E.D. equivalency.
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Universal Certification.
- A minimum of five (5) years as an air conditioning mechanic or technician with hands-on experience in various aspects of mechanical installation and repair in commercial and/or industrial facilities.
Valid driver's license (Texas upon hire) and a good driving record. *Additional Requirements: *
Good understanding of electrical, ductwork, piping and controls.
- Skilled in the care and use of hand tools and power equipment used in maintenance engineering trades.
- Self-starter possessing the interpersonal skills required to be a productive team player.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in a thorough, neat, and timely manner.
Ability to maintain a courteous, helpful behavior at all times. Environmental and Physical Requirements:
Physical ability to perform job duties including: working on ladders and scaffolding; regularly standing, sitting, stretching, bending, stooping and climbing.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move a minimum of fifty (50) pounds of equipment, supplies, and tools.
- Ability to safely install rigging/lifting devices for heavier items.
- Works outside in all kinds of weather; may work with no air conditioning or heating.
- Will work in cramped and awkward positions with all types of mechanical tools, electric and other equipment, and may be exposed to dust, dirt, paint fumes, etc.
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation; but* ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration.*
- A minimum of two (2) years of related technical school or courses. General Information
*Job Location: *
- 10555 NW Frwy, (Delta Building) 77092
- 40 hours per week in eight hour shifts
- (in a 24-hour per day/7 day per week operation normally)
- Subject to early morning, evening, weekend, overtime and Holiday work as required
- Commensurate with experience
- Based on 26 Pay Periods
*Must be able to pass security check and drug test, as required. * **This position is Safety Sensitive and subject to random drug and alcohol screening.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.__**
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Department: Engineering Department-Facilities and Property Maintenance
Job Number: 02745
Closing: 4/20/2018 11:59 PM Central
Agency: Harris County
Address: 1310 Prairie Street, Ste. 240 Houston, Texas, 77002