Intertek 3rd Shift Chemical Technician in San Antonio, Texas
3rd Shift Chemical Technician
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance,Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Chemical Technician I to join our Transportation Technologies team on 3rd shift in San Antonio.
The transportation technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team’s services cover all aspects of clients’ needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
The Chemical Technician I will support the Transportation Technologies business by efficiently performing various chemical and physical analyses, primarily on petroleum products. May perform tasks requiring non-standard procedures and use of complex instrumentation. We’re looking for someone who will learn and perform basic troubleshooting, calibration, and equipment maintenance and whom demonstrates effective communication, coordination and cooperation.
- Performs numerous chemical and physical tests based on American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) methods or accepted industry standards, with high production in multiple test areas. Assists in equipment calibration and maintenance, as well as basic troubleshooting.
- Cleans glassware and test equipment. Prepares reagents as needed.
- Learns and records data on appropriate data sheets and reports data to LIMS system.
- Responsible for maintaining quality records, control charts, and test area inventories, with training
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent education. Completion of 1 semester (4 hours) of college level chemistry or equivalent desired.(preferred)
- Experience working in a chemistry laboratory either through schooling or employment desired.(preferred)
- Must demonstrate ability to efficiently operate at a high capacity in multiple testing areas.
- Must possess good math and observation skills.
- Must demonstrate proficiency using LIMS applications and established chemistry lab processes (preferred).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Word desired.
- Must be able to work Sunday through Thursday from 10 PM to 6 AM.
Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: