Kinder Morgan Technician-OPS CO2 in SNYDER, Texas
Job ID #: 17226
7 - 10 Years
High School Diploma
1075 -CO2-FLD OPS SACROC PLANT OPER :CO2
This position is responsible for providing technical support to operations. Job level commensurate with experience and skill set. Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Receives various technical training.
• Completes assignments of varying scopes and complexity.
• May assist loading/entering, verifying, manipulating, analyzing, and reporting data.
• Assists in maintaining government and contractual compliance.
• Performs variety of tasks in support of company operating staff.
• Provides operational related troubleshooting, leadership, and support.
• Involvement in inspections, testing, repair, installation and equipment repair.
• Prepares AFEs of limited scope.
• Performs site specific safety orientations for Kinder Morgan employees and contractors.
• Involved in preparing Management of Change and Pre Start Up Reviews for new equipment and changes.
• High school diploma. Experience / specific knowledge:
• 7-10 years prior experience in the oil and gas industry and/or equivalent industry.
• Understands basic oilfield terminology and operations. Certifications, licenses, registrations:
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record is required. Competencies, skills, and abilities:
• Under general supervision, performs calculations and preliminary analysis for interpretation of data.
• Loads and verifies data and generates reports based on standard procedures.
• Works under direct supervision, but displays initiative and moves toward requiring less supervision
• Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, assembly and detail drawings, isometric drawings, plan and elevation drawings, P&IDs, and Bills of Material (BOMs).
• Good computer skills. Experience with MS Office suite applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Ability to work with others, good attention to details, and follows work rules.
• Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected teams and internal and external customers.
• Good safety culture and follows all company safety policies and procedures.
• Processes good hazard recognition and mitigation skills. Physical demands:
• Travel to other sites as needed.
• Must be able to lift 50bls
• Must be able to climb ladders and stairs up to 50ft. Working conditions:
• Mixture of office and site (outside) work locations
• Working after hours, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call as needed Supervisory responsibility:
• May be required to perform temporary supervisory duties as needed.
Preferred education, experience, certifications, competencies, skills, and abilities:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position: • Two year associates degree in instrumentation or equivalent experience
• Process control knowledge, including PLC program design and installation, PLC hardware installation, end device specification, loop tuning, and historian systems
•Ability to organize and implement projects from conception to completion
• Review and monitor plant operation/processes for optimizing quality and production. The responsibility of the technician is to work safely, have good trouble shooting skills on mechanical equipment (electrical units with compression and pneumatic controls, pumps, and control equipment
• Experience working as a self-starter, and ability to work with peers in collaborative efforts
•Demonstrated leadership skills
• CMMS (Computerized maintenance management system) experience with Maximo is preferred.
• Experience with Lock-Out/Tag-Out procedures and work permit process.
•Familiarity with the implementation of Process Safety Management
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.